Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day and Pool Time

Owen got to celebrate his first Father's Day, but we didn't let him relax too much. He pulled some weeds, cut the grass, changed one of Charlotte's dirtiest diapers to date, ran over to my Dad's for a quick visit, came home where he made fruit salad for dinner, then grilled (some really good) chicken and FINALLY got to sit and relax and enjoy his day. We had Larry, Laurel, Kyle, Teri, and Kyri over to celebrate the day too.




















Owen and I have been promising warm weather to Charlotte for a very long time. I'm sure that she thinks she was living in Alaska for the first 6 months she was home. Luckily the warm/hot weather is here and we can enjoy it. Since we don't have a air pump I blew up the pool on my own and got everything set for Charlotte to enjoy it. I made sure there were toys in the pool, the water was warm, she had her sunblock on...we were all set. I put her big toe in the water and she let out a scream that I've never heard before! This can't be my daughter...not wanting to lounge in the pool?!??! Hopefully tomorrow will be more successful!

1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest pic I've seen of little Charlie, yet!!! I love it!!! What a cutie!!! Even if she didn't like the water, she looks adorable in her bikini! Maybe she'll just like to lay out and get a tan instead. :)

    Teri

    ReplyDelete