Today starts an exciting day for some baseball fans but unfortunately, my White Sox didn't make the playoffs this year. Being a big baseball fanatic, I enjoy watching the playoffs that start today but it is bittersweet since my Sox aren't in the race for a championship this year. So for those who want my opinion, it was great to see the Sox almost knock the Tigers out of the division race and than they blew it against the Twins. So now those pesky Twins take on the Yankees and that offensive machine. Surprisingly, I'm rooting for the Twins as I think Joe Mauer is one of the best players in the game today and he plays the game the way it's meant to be played. In the NL, we see Pujols and the Cards, as probably the best team in the league right now. Again, I like Pujols and how he approaches and plays the game so I'll root for the Cards in the NL. Plus, given that they are a big Cubs rival, you know I have to pull for them!
So, here are my picks for this year's playoffs. And as you'll see, it burns me to pick the World Series winner as we'll hear about it for the next 6 months but I'm sure ESPN and their East Coast bias will love it.
ALDS
Twins vs. Yankees - Yankees wins in 4
Boston vs. Angels - Boston wins in 5
NLDS
Colorado vs. Philadelphia - Philly wins in 5
St. Louis vs. Dodgers - St. Louis in 4
ALCS
Yankees in 6
NLCS
St. Louis in 6
World Series
Yankees in 6
Spring Training starts in 6 months and I look forward to the 2010 White Sox!!
Well, your picks are already off since Boston and St. Louis are out of it already. I really hope the Yankees don't win it all...
ReplyDelete