Tuesday, August 9, 2011

This past weekend we took a little road trip down to Arcola to visit the Robeys.  We were planning on leaving right after lunch so we would beat some of the Friday afternoon traffic.  Plus, Gwyneth and Lillian eat about every 4 hours so we, and by we, I really mean I, needed to make sure that we weren't stuck in the car with two screaming and hungry babies.  I'm proud to say that we actually made it out the door right after lunch.  I think it helped that we started to pack on Thursday night!

Another reason we need to get down there was to go to Yoders.  I'm sure we have mentioned this before but Yoders is an awesome Amish restaurant in the neighboring town.  It is a must-do when we go visit.  We went to Yoders on Friday night and stuffed ourselves with their stick-to-your-ribs cuisine.  This was our first trip to a sit down restaurant with all three kids so I was a little concerned how the girls would do.  We timed it pretty good so Gwyneth and Lillian slept almost the whole time. 

When we get together with the Robeys, either down there or up at our place, we have a tendency to eat a lot!  This weekend was no different.  We had peanut butter pie for breakfast on Saturday.  We know it's not healthy but it is fabulous!  Charlie was so excited to eat pie first thing in the morning!

Nan was a great helper with the girls.  She got Gwyneth to fall asleep right after she ate.

Lillian and Gwyneth like to sleep by each other

Robey with Gwyneth just enjoying some quiet time.

 The main reason for our visit was to celebrate Josie's (aka JoJo Bean) first birthday.  She was surrounded by so many people that love her I know she had a great time!

The Burritt family ready for the party

 Sisterly love!


 Mommy (Laura) and the birthday girl.  Check out all the pink frosting on JoJo Bean!

It has only been a couple days since we left but we are already looking forward to the next time we can get together!

4 comments:

  1. Your babies are an addiction. I need to kiss those big, fat cheeks! Charlie was so much fun. I know that it was only in a small dose, but I loved how she explained everything she saw and thought! I am not sure that it is healthy that you write a paragraph about food everytime you see us. If we only age McDonalds (impossible since our town is too small to have one!) would you still come and visit us???????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are always dressed so cute! I love the pictures of them all sitting together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great family picture and super adorable picture of all 3 of your girls!!! They are all just so super cute!!

    ReplyDelete