As many of you know, at the end of June I was laid off and became part of the unemployed statistics we see every night on the news. Since that time I've been relentlessly on the job hunt talking to companies and recruiters on a daily basis. I am very happy to let everyone know that as of a few days ago, I have signed my name on the dotted line and have accepted an offer with another small technology company for their Director of Business Development ....... a fancier word for sales guy. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason so hopefully I will look back on the past few months and smile. On the brighter side, I was able to spend some extra time with the family enjoying time this summer with them. Charlotte, Gwyneth and Lillian are growing so fast that I was able to take a breath and enjoy the time. Enjoying a few days at the splash park, seeing Gwyneth and Lillian sit up for the first time and taking Charlotte to her first day of preschool are just a few things that I was so glad to be around for.
I just wanted to thank all of you for all of your thoughts, well wishes, prayers and crossed fingers in my hunt!! The passing positive comment or the short email kept me going!
So, now I start my new adventure and as you've all heard me say before....if it wasn't an adventure what the hell fun would it be!!!!
Carpe Diem!
So glad that you found a good 'fit' for you and your family. We will keep praying for you guys as you settle in to the new position (and have training). It makes me so happy that you don't view this situation as a waste of time but rather see the many positives that came out of it! (I hope that kind of optimism is contagious. I could use some!) Proud of you and your BEAUTIFUL family!
ReplyDelete