Had to get the picture of Charlie with her 'back to school sign'. Can't wait to do this to her every year until she goes to college. I don't think she'll be smiling when she's in high school and I make her take the picture!
Owen was able to be around to see Charlie go to her first day of class. That made Charlie's Day!
I had to get a picture with my preschooler too.
The twins wanted to get in on the action too...
We did a quick switcheroo so Owen could get a pic with all his girls but, as you can see, they weren't having it.
Owen helped Charlie find her name so she could hang up her backpack.
One last picture with Dad before he went off to work and Charlie started her first day. As you can tell, she was starting to get a little scared/nervous. The smiles and laughing were gone and she was pretty anxious.
Ms Candace and Ms Sue said that Charlie was fine about five minutes after we left in the morning. We wanted to make a big deal about her first day so she realized she did such a good job. What other way to do that with Charlie than to give her cupcakes!
Once again, the twins wanted in on the action so they celebrated Charlie's first day of school too.
Gwyneth being Gwyneth!
I love that you included her talking a big Game and to see the progression of her arm getting tighter around Dad's neck the closer it came to her being left at school! :)
ReplyDeleteI appreciate how you two make sure school is a great experience and are trying to help her realize how special it is. Mainly, I wish we lived closer so we could celebrate (eat cupcakes!) with you!