I haven't updated this blog in a looooong time. I started it when our oldest daughter, Charlotte or Charlie, was born premature to keep family up to date on her progress. It was a scary time, I was a brand new Dad and really not sure what was going on. It was the medium I used instead of email and before the days of Facebook, which I now almost despise as a platform. Charlie is now 14 and the time is going by so quickly that I can't believe it. I'm very conscious to spend as much time with all my girls as I know they will be off to college before I know it and I won't be seeing them as much which already makes my heart ache. So, I'm on an 8th grade graduate vacation trip with Charlie. She wanted something different than Illinois and she wanted to see mountains so she chose Colorado. I've planned a short trip for us to do a few things in CO where she can get the mountain experience but for me, just being able to spend time just her and I.
Day 1 - we arrived in Denver, took a short walk around the city, saw the 16th Street Mall (which is under construction so very underwhelming) and took in a Rockies game. Already, the day together was full of conversation and just hearing how she looks at things, what she is looking forward to in high school, what tea (that is a word for drama that I didn't know) that is happening for some of her friends and just an overall day for Dad and daughter. It was a great start of the trip so I'm taking it all in!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment