Tonight I was able to hold my daughter for the first time!! I've held other babies before but the feeling of holding my own daughter is truly special. I already would do anything for our little one. Her eyes were open for most of the time and just looking around. She also got the hiccups. Yes, to us the hiccups are annoying as hell but seeing a three pound baby have the hiccups and her entire body shakes, is pretty cute. Oh hell, she hasn't done anything yet that isn't cute! It was a great 30 minutes and I look forward to many, many more times of holding her!
Donna was able to do a few newer things too. She helped changed her diaper and put on her first outfit, pink of course. I know these are little things, but for us every small step like this is an important one. She has been in the hospital almost a week and we are counting down the weeks until we can bring her home. We left Charlotte as her eyes closed shut and she was tucked in for another peaceful night of sleep.
Happy One-Week Birthday, Charlotte!!
ReplyDelete