Today Charlotte and I went to the mall to do some last minute Christmas shopping.....the only kind of Christmas shopping I know how to do. After we picked up a few items, I decided maybe Charlotte would want to meet the big man himself. So, I asked her if she wanted to see Santa, and she replied, "Sata". So off we went to the middle of the mall for her first time to meet Santa and my first experience of standing in line to see the big man. She had been such a good little girl throughout our shopping and that continued as she sat in her stroller just watching the other little kids in line. We slowly crept to the front of the line and she saw the Christmas tree, the presents and all the pretty lights. It was finally our turn to see the man himself. At first, she said his name again and I took her out of her stroller. I began to walk up to him and as soon as we got close, the meltdown began. She was holding on to me so tight I couldn't even peel her off. I decided that there was no way she would sit on Santa's lap and that I'd have to sit with her. This picture is the second or third take as she was covering her face for the first two. We took the picture and decided that was enough torture. As soon as we were done and I bought the pictures, Charlotte looked back and said "Sata". Guess, he's just a bit intimidating up close! I had a little side talk with Santa and he said he doesn't take it personally and that he's still hit visit our house!
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Charlotte Meets Santa
Today Charlotte and I went to the mall to do some last minute Christmas shopping.....the only kind of Christmas shopping I know how to do. After we picked up a few items, I decided maybe Charlotte would want to meet the big man himself. So, I asked her if she wanted to see Santa, and she replied, "Sata". So off we went to the middle of the mall for her first time to meet Santa and my first experience of standing in line to see the big man. She had been such a good little girl throughout our shopping and that continued as she sat in her stroller just watching the other little kids in line. We slowly crept to the front of the line and she saw the Christmas tree, the presents and all the pretty lights. It was finally our turn to see the man himself. At first, she said his name again and I took her out of her stroller. I began to walk up to him and as soon as we got close, the meltdown began. She was holding on to me so tight I couldn't even peel her off. I decided that there was no way she would sit on Santa's lap and that I'd have to sit with her. This picture is the second or third take as she was covering her face for the first two. We took the picture and decided that was enough torture. As soon as we were done and I bought the pictures, Charlotte looked back and said "Sata". Guess, he's just a bit intimidating up close! I had a little side talk with Santa and he said he doesn't take it personally and that he's still hit visit our house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Remember and enjoy your daughter clutching on to you so hard - it will seem as if it is tomorrow when she will be too embarrassed to do it in public!
ReplyDeleteI was always terrified of Santa, for years and years. I feel you Charlie!
ReplyDeleteSanta doesn't look like he is very jolly...I blame him for not being more approachable! Charlie, Nan refused a visit to Santa this year too but she enjoyed watching from a distance just like you.
ReplyDeleteOh, AND another prego pic of Donna & the twins please! :)
ReplyDeleteNice photo! They look so cute!
ReplyDeleteAlaska Fishing Lodge | Real Estate