Friday, February 10, 2012

Not sad to see it go...

With Gwyneth and Lillian fast approaching their first birthday they are outgrowing things at lightning speed.  We've gotten rid of their swings, bouncy seats, play mats, and a slew of other things.  It's hard to see them go knowing that we are not going to need them anymore.  Knowing that the girls are growing up and we will never have a newborn again.  It's nice to have more room but there is still a little part of me that hurts when we get rid of their "baby" stuff.

There are certain things that I've held onto of Charlie's because I want to remember the time when she was a little baby.  But there are certain things that I can't wait to get rid of.  I have been waiting for months for Charlie to give a sign that she had outgrown something else.  About two weeks ago she FINALLY said that she was ready.  WE GOT RID OF THE CHANGING PAD!  Charlie is potty trained!!!  Hallelujah!  I know that ultimately this is Charlie's accomplishment but I feel like the true congratulations go to Owen and me.  We have been trying to get her to go on the potty for months but she finally decided she was ready.  Charlie said she needed to go on the potty and hasn't looked back.  She hasn't had any accidents during the night, during naps, or even at school.  I couldn't be more excited!  It's so nice to know that she won't be going to college in diapers!  It's a good thing that she figured it out because I don't think the changing pad was going to last much longer!

2 comments:

  1. Charlie!!!! That is so exciting! We are so proud of you!!! When your mom said, "Charlie said she needed to go on the potty...." It made me laugh because I could hear your cute little voice saying it! Whenever I say that I "need" something Nan teases me that I sound like you! :)

    ReplyDelete